Back around the Fourth of July I rough turned both sides of a walnut log. I wanted a bit deeper bowl so I left the pith in one bowl blank and cut it out entirely of the other. Both rough outs showed some great promise with the grain and variation in the heart and sap wood alignment and color. I packed them into paper sacks with some of the shavings from the rough turning session.
You can see the dark stains where I tried the CA glue and coffe grounds way back in the begining. I won't put it on the burn pile yet until I finish turn the other rough out and see what the grain looks like finished. If it looks great I will figure out another use for the split bowl. If not, well fall backyard fire season isn't that far away!