Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spalted Hackberry Form

I uncovered my last piece of spalted hackberry that my dad gave me a couple years back in KS recently. I wanted to do something a bit different with it and this sculptural form is the result. It stands almost 20" tall with the ebonized rough sawn oak base included. This lacquer finish came out fantastic and really gives the incredible spalted wood some great depth. (Best seen in person!)





To see this piece along with many others in person, head down to The Mansion at 2801 Ingersoll this Friday and Saturday and say hello while I conduct a woodturning demo. I will be turning bowls, vases, and many other unique forms right in front of the store. The Ingersoll Ave. sidewalk sale will also be going on so come shop, eat and drink all weekend long!

No comments:

Post a Comment