Monday, November 16, 2009

Some Vases For Friends

A few weeks ago a good friend asked me to make 3 large vases to display on a shelf in their family room. "Can you do something about 2 feet tall?", she asked. I said I'd give it a go to see just how big a vase I could turn. Her husband had given me a huge amount of burr oak just over year ago from storm damage. I have the first and largest vase almost ready for final finish. It is right at 22" tall with the cap and she loved the pictures I showed her this weekend. The other 2 are 75% done, just need to turn the caps for them as well. I will show pics of them ones complete. That will be soon as they must be delivered before Thanksgiving as my friends will be hosting 27 family members for dinner.


1 comment:

  1. I myself have not made vases this large but one day i shall give it a go. Looks really good and very nicely turned.

    ReplyDelete