Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More Bottle Stoppers

I was told that Ruth Niles had the best stainless steel bottle stoppers available by many woodturning friends, so my dad and I ordered some from her. (you can too, click here) Once they arrived I had to agree with everyone, the stoppers are machined perfectly, and they look great! I had prepared about 20 stoppers before they arrived and last night I assembled 10 of them with Ruth's stoppers. The 2 stoppers on the right of the photo were purchased from Woodsmith. They are good stoppers, but Ruth's are far superior as they are solid stainless and not plated like the others.These will be available at The Mansion in Des Moines.  Below is a pic of them all and some close ups.




Spalted Hackberry


Mullberry


Peach and Cherry


Spalted Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment