Friday, May 1, 2009

Inspiration

As a woodturner, I sometimes struggle with what to do next. I have been told in order to become a successful artist it helps to create a signature style or a series of similar pieces. I have tried to mimic many of the renowned woodturning artists that can be found on the web, in print, and in museums. My problem thus far is not being able to take all that I have learned from other artist’s work and create something that is mine. This “problem” creates opportunity though…most importantly a desire to keep going back to the lathe and finding the “MauBow Turner” style.

Please take the time to look at my list of Other Woodturners. I will continue to add sites to this list as I find them. They are valuable for inspiration and also many tips and articles. I also keep a photo log of some of my favorite pieces I have seen on the web or in person for inspiration. Here is a link for anyone that would like to see it, and thanks to everyone that has a piece contributed in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment