Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Award Commision - First Round - Coming To A Close

For the last few months, I've been working on a the first of three rounds of awards for Maffitt Lake Equestrian Center.The owners are good friends and I was honored to have the opportunity to make them. The last 3 weeks things have really ramped up and I'm getting very close to finishing all of them. There are a total of 35 awards for the horse shows that start May 9th. Below are 20 of the "Classic Division" awards. The brand in the middle was provided by the owners of  the center and I then used a woodburner to transfer the logo and name of the Maffitt Lake Equestrian Center's horse show management company, Hott Horse Shows. Eighteen are made from walnut and 2 are oak. They range in size from 6" to 9" in diameter.


The other awards include 5 coin banks for some kids divisions, a brush box for an upper division, a large walnut vase for the Grand Prix Winner and 8 mirrors for the middle division. I've included a pic of 4 of the mirror frames (sans mirrors) below as well. They, along with the coin banks, are made from ambrosia maple. Once I finish all of the awards I'll showcase them here as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment