Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spalted Maple Log Tables

Way back in the spring, a good friend told me he could build a new computer for me. I needed one and he had the know how and would enjoy doing it. I asked how much and he said he and his wife really liked the tables I had made for my Sister-in-law last year. I received the computer back in July...I don't like rush into things....

OK so I know it is now almost October, it took me awhile to find some logs big enough to make them, but I just finished them up last night. They will be in town this weekend to pick them up. Like I said I dont' like to rush into things...

They are all right around 17" tall The middle one is the largest at about 15" from corner to corner. The legs are steel tubes painted black with rubber feet. The finish is 10 coats of my home brew danish oil. I thought about poly, but didn't want the wood to look shiny...coasters will be needed for sure! I have a crotch section from this same log that I hope to make a coffee table out of as well...




No comments:

Post a Comment