Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Long Old Friend...

When my wife and I moved into our house almost 6 years ago, the frig in the kitchen stuck out like a sore thumb. It was almond, we wanted white. The inside had wire shelves and some of them were rusty. When the compressor turned on, it made a terrible noise. The day after we moved in we had a new shiny white frig delivered and put the old one in the garage that would become my shop. The frig has housed many things, water, veggies, fruit, meat, etc. but its primary purpose was to keep beer cold. If we needed to use it for overflow from the kitchen fridge, we would take it to the "beer fridge".

I decorated it with my magnet collection, stickers, and a poster or two. I stacked an old 20" TV on it when I ran cable to the garage. The TV hasn't worked in over a year, but the beer fridge didn't mind. It has a layer of dust on it that would choke most shop vacs, but it didn't mind. I put a few dents in it when projectiles from the lathe hit it, but it didn't mind. Because of the freezing temps and snow this winter, I hadn't been out to the shop much since Thanksgiving. I hadn't opened the fridge in over two months. I thought the beer fridge wouldn't mind, but...

This past week, the beer fridge cooled its last beer. The light inside still worked, but nothing else...

Beer Fridge, you had a good run and you will be missed...


No comments:

Post a Comment